FLOTATION THERAPY HAS BEEN KNOWN TO HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Back and Neck Pain
- Sports Recovery
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Hemispheric Brain Wave Synchronization
- Burn Out Syndrome
- Jet Lag
- Meditation/Expanded Consciousness
- Enhanced Learning and Creativity
- Production of Alpha,Theta, and Delta Brain Waves
- Enhanced Muscle and Injury Recovery
- Overall Well Being and Smiling at Strangers
Professional athletes are floating for recovery, visualization, and overall peace and quiet to clear the mind.
The Golden State Warriors are in the playoffs and at the top of their game, Steph Curry is breaking 3-point records and leading his team to a possible NBA championship. Did we mention they float? Coincidence?
Early Research Literature on floating and R.E.S.T. (Restricted Environmental Stimulation Therapy)
- The book of floating: Exploring the private sea (1984, reprinted 2003), M Hutchison, Gateway Books, Nevada City, California -- Buy this book online! (One of the best books to read on floating)
- Clinical and experimental restricted environmental stimulation: New developments and perspectives (1993), AF Barabasz/M Barabasz, (based on the 4th International Conference on REST), Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Restricted environmental stimulation: Research and commentary (1990), TH Fine/JW Turner (based on the 3rd International Conference on REST) Medical College of Ohio Press, Toledo, Ohio
- Second international conference on REST (1985), TH Fine/JW Turner, IRIS Publications, Toledo, Ohio
- First international conference on REST and self-regulation (1983), TH Fine/JW Turner, IRIS Publications, Toledo, Ohio